APPLE is keeping the details about its next iPhone models secret – but we've just learned a vital clue about its release.
A new report claims that the new model will be available to pre-order from September 14, just a few weeks away.
German tech site Macerkopf cites two German mobile networks as the source for the info – but declined to name them.
In any case, the September 14 date is no major surprise.
Apple is a creature of habit, and generally follows very similar launch patterns each year.
Apple typically opens up pre-orders for new iPhones two days after the big reveal.
So our prediction lines up with Macerkopf's apparent insider info.
After pre-orders, it usually takes a week for the iPhone to make it into stores.
And Apple almost always sets up its in-store iPhone release on a Friday.
That's why we're convinced you'll first be able to walk into an Apple Store and pick up the new 2018 iPhone on Friday, September 21.
Of course, Apple hasn't actually confirmed any information about its next iPhone models, so we won't know the confirmed details for a few weeks still.
New iPhones 2018 – what should you expect?
Here are the predictions from top analysts at TrendForce...
- The company plans to introduce three new iPhone models later this year
- All three models would continue to feature Face ID, and two of them would be premium versions with an AMOLED screen
- In terms of tech specs, the new iPhones may include two AMOLED versions, with a size of 5.8-inch and 6.5-inch respectively, as well as a less expensive 6.1-inch version with an LCD screen
- For the budget 6.1-inch LCD version, it will come with Face ID, Dual-SIM function, and a larger screen than its predecessor iPhone 8
- The 6.1-inch LCD model would be positioned by Apple’s main product this year, with a production share of around 50% in the new iPhone series
- As for the two premium AMOLED versions, they would both feature a memory content of 4GB
- The 6.5-inch AMOLED version would target at the premium business segment, with an extra-large screen and Dual-SIM service, but the Dual-SIM function is expected to be available only in certain regions
- All three models are expected to be shipped in September and October as previously scheduled
This year, Apple is tipped to launch three iPhone models, all of which borrow last year's new iPhone X design.
The 2017 iPhone X introduced a new all-screen look, which involved scrapping the Home button completely.
Instead, there's now a new Face ID unlocking system that verifies your identity by scanning your face.
All three 2018 models are expected to get Face ID, as well as the fancy all-screen design.
Thanks to the new design, we should see a bump in screen size for all three models too.
In 2018, Apple's smartphones had screen sizes measuring 4.7 inches, 5.5 inches and 5.8 inches.
But this year, it's believed that we'll see models with screens measuring 5.8 inches, 6.1 inches and 6.5 inches.
MOST READ IN TECH
BINGE WHINGENetflix users are threatening to QUIT over this controversial new feature
PHONE WARSSony reveals why Apple's iPhone has one HUGE advantage over Android phones
winging itWorld's biggest plane with span bigger than football pitch set for skies
PLANET BIRTH SHOCKScientists say life on earth began 100 MILLION years earlier than though
CHAT'S GREATSnapchat app hides a BETTER version of itself – but it's really hard to find
It's also rumoured that Apple will knock £100 of the price of the direct iPhone X replacement.
Last year's iPhone X retailed at a ludicrously high £999, which some say hurt sales.
This year, it's looking likely that the iPhone X's sequel will cost a lower £899 instead.
Will you be buying Apple's next iPhone? Let us know in the comments!
Source : https://www.thesun.co.uk/tech/7062944/new-iphone-release-date-pre-order-price-buy-2018/Thanks you for read my article On your iPhone